World, Continental And National Records
At any World, International or National Championship recognized by the GPA, World records will be accepted provided that:
- The competition must be conducted under GPA rules or a national variation or the rules accepted by the GPA.
- The World / Continental record applicant must be a current member of The National Federation affiliated to the GPA or a current GPA Affiliate Member from a country not organized with a National Federation affiliated to the GPA.
- At World / Continental records, at least two current International GPA referees must adjudicate the lift and vouch that all conditions at the competition meet the technical standards and procedures required. The third referee must be at least a current National referee of a National Federation affiliated to the GPA.
- Country which have paid their Continental contribution fee, but is in default to pay the World contribution fee, the made World records by lifters of such a specific country will not be recognized for the records list.
- The barbell and discs were weighed before the competition, all actual weights accurately recorded and able to be verified by the referees or appointed GPA Contest Officials or weighed immediately after the successful attempt by the referees.
- The lifter weighed in correctly before the competition.
- The scales were certified accurate by a recognized authority within the last 6 months, and a scale test slip prepared by the Municipal Sealer of Weights and Measures (or equivalent) or by an authorized scale company, is available.
- The lifter’s costume and personal equipment was in accordance with the rules. Any lifter successful in a world record attempt must be inspected. Inspection may be solely visual when the legality of the lifters costume and personal equipment is obvious, or otherwise more thorough. Thorough inspections should be performed off the platform, preferably in a private area, either by the three referees, or officials delegated by the referees in cases where the lifter if of the opposite sex. In all cases the head referee shall make an announcement to the speaker and records processor that the record has been verified.
- Duplicate copies of fully completed World / Continental record applications, signed by the three referees, must be sent separately to the World / Continental Records Register and Head of the GPA Technical Committee (as indicated on the Record Application Form) within one calendar month of the date of the record being set. A copy of the official score sheet must also accompany both record applications.
- For Teenage, Junior (under 23) and Master World / Continental records, proof of age must be satisfactorily established and attested to by the adjudicating GPA referees. If such proof was not available when the record was established, it is the lifter’s responsibility to furnish such proof (copy of birth certificate, passport, or driver’s license) independently to both, the World / Continental Records Registrar and Head of the GPA Technical Committee, before the record can be ratified.
- If, in any competition recognized by the GPA, a lifter is successful with an attempt that falls within 20kg of a current World / Continental record, the lifter may request a fourth attempt that exceeds the record. Such an attempt will be registered outside the competition. Additional attempts will not be permitted.
- Only lifters actually competing in a competition may attempt World / Continental records.
- In no circumstances may lifters not taking part in the full competition be permitted to attempt world records on individual lifts.
- Records are only valid for the body weight category of the lifter as determined at the official weigh-in.
- Records in Sq, Bp or Dl, lifted in a total power-lifting contest will be also a valid record for the single contest record list.
- In the event of two lifters, at the same competition, breaking either a current individual or total record with the same weight, the lighter lifter will be declared the new record holder. If both lifters weighed in at the same body weight they will be re-weighed. If they reweigh the same, both will be record holders.
- For a World / Continental record attempt made outside the completion (4th attempt), the weight of the barbell must be at least 500 grams in excess of the current record. Such record attempts will be made at the end of the third round of the lifting flight.
- For a World / Continental record attempt made within the prescribed attempts of the competition, a lifter may request on any attempt, a weight that exceeds the current record by at least 500 grams. If the lift is successful, only the lower closest multiple of 2.5kg will be recorded on the score sheet and the exact weight will be recorded on the record application. Pound weights may be used if they are weighed properly and converted to kilos.
- New individual lift records are only valid if they exceed the previous record by at least 500 grams. Fractions of 500 grams must be ignored; e.g. 87.7kg would be registered as 87.5kg.
- There is an official World record for the total of three lifts.
It will be recognized subject to the following additional stipulations:
- The record will only be the summation of the face value of the individual best lifts, and therefore must be a multiple of 2.5kg.
- No fourth attempts may be included in the total. Records set on individual lifts will only be valid if the lifter makes a total in the competition.
- Records set in competitions, which contest one lift only, shall not be considered as GPA World / Continental Records but shall be noted and established as Official One Lift Records only e.g. a World / Continental Bench press Record for the World / Continental Bench press Committee, and a World / Continental Dead lift Record for the World / Continental Dead lift Committee.
- If a lifter attempting a fourth attempt World/ Continental record is one of the last four lifters of the flight in the third attempts, they will received up to 3 additional minutes rest prior to their fourth attempt.
- The very last lifter of the flight requesting a fourth attempt will have 3 minutes because they are following themselves, plus the additional 3 minutes = a total of 6 minutes.
|« Costume and Personal Equipment||Competition Organizer »|